Scan From Lexmark Printer To Computer
Initially, you need to make sure that your printer supports the scan to computer feature. To confirm it, refer to the printer’s specification page. The second most important thing is that you need to connect your printer to the computer. It can be a wired or wireless connection. Finally, you need to add the printer to your computer. After adding the printer, you can perform the scan to computer function using the Windows Fax & Scan or the Lexmark Scan back utility.Note: The below instructions are suitable for Windows OS.
Adding The Printer To Computer
- Open the Printer & Scanner window.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- Now, the printers that are nearby your computer will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the Lexmark printer from the list.
- Click on the Add Device button.
- Now, the selected Lexmark printer will be added to your Windows computer.
Scan To Computer From Lexmark Printer
Method 1 : Using Windows Fax And Scan
- Initially, to know How to scan from lexmark printer to computer, load the document that you want to scan on the printer.
- On your Windows computer, open the Windows Fax & Scan window.
- Click on the New Scan option.
- Now, a dialog box titled New Scan will open.
- In this dialog box, make sure to select your Lexmark printer correctly.
- Set the preferences like scan profile, source, paper size, color format, file type, resolution, and brightness as per your desire.
- After setting the preferences, click on the Preview button.
- If you’re satisfied with the configured scan preferences, click the OK button followed by Scan. Now, your Lexmark printer will start to scan the document.
- Once it is done, the copy of the document will be saved to the scanned document folder on your computer.
Method 2 : Using Lexmark Scan Back Utility
- Check if you have the Lexmark scan back utility downloaded to your computer.
- If not, go to your Lexmark printer’s official support page.
- Select your OS type from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Complete list of software option to know the Lexmark printer drivers available for your OS type.
- Go to the Utility section.
- Click on the Lexmark Scan Back Utility option followed by I agree download.
- Once the Lexmark utility is downloaded, open it.
- When prompted, select your Lexmark printer and click on the Next button.
- Set the document size, scan resolution, file type, and color by following the on-screen instructions.
- Load the document or photo to be scanned on your printer and click the Scan button on the utility wizard.
- Follow the instructions to complete the scan to computer process.
To get remote assistance in performing How to scan from Lexmark printer to computer, contact us.