Scan To Computer On HP Envy 5530
Initial Preparation Before Performing A Scan:
- Turn on your computer and the HP printer.
- Download the latest printer drivers from the HP support page.
- Connect the printer to your computer via a USB cable.
- Open the scanner cover, and place your document facing down on the scanner glass.
Note: You can take the help of the markings that are on the glass surface. These markings indicate how a document needs to be oriented on the scanner.
Once appropriately placed, close the scanner lid. In the upcoming sections, we have listed the steps that you can follow to scan a document on your Windows or Mac computer to perform HP Envy 5530 Scan To Computer.
Performing The Scan Functionality On A Windows Computer:
- Connect your Windows PC to your HP printer.
- Click the Start icon, type Windows Fax and Scan, and hit Enter.
- Under Best match, click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click the New Scan menu.
- In the next window, verify that your printer model (HP Envy 5530) is shown next to Scanner
- If your printer name is not visible, then click the Change option to select your HP printer.
- Once everything is done, change the settings according to your choice (Profile, Color format, File type, Resolution (DPI), etc.).
- As you are scanning a document, choose the File type as PDF.
- Click the Preview option to preview the document on your computer screen.
Note: If the document is not scanned correctly, open the scanner lid and check the document placement to do HP Envy 5530 Scan To Computer correctly.
- Once you have reviewed the document, click the Scan option.
- The scanning will begin.
- The scanned copy will be saved on your PC.
- Click Documents and double-click the scanned Documents folder to locate the scanned document.
Performing The Scan Functionality On A Mac Computer:
The steps to receive the scanned document on your Mac computer are similar to that of Windows.
- Turn on your Mac computer and connect it to your printer.
- Click the Apple logo.
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Printers & Scanners.
- Now, choose your printer.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Click Open Scanner.
- Now click on the Show Details option to make the required changes (Scan mode, Color or Black/White copy, Resolution, Format, etc.).
- Select the storage location and click Scan.
- Your document will be scanned to your Mac computer.
- Once the scanning is over, you will find the scanned copy in your preferred location.
By now, you would have learned how to perform HP Envy 5530 Scan To Computer Operation.