Scan To E-mail On Lexmark Mc3224
Setting Up Scan To E-mail On Lexmark Mc3224
- Initially, make sure that your Lexmark MC3224 printer’s initial hardware setup is done correctly.
- Next, check whether your computer and the printer are connected to the same network.
- Make sure that your printer firmware is up-to-date.
- Check if you have configured the e-mail SMTP settings on your printer. If not, perform it by referring to the instructions given below.
Configuring The E-mail Smtp Settings
In order to perform the Lexmark MC3224 scan to email operation, you have to configure the e-mail SMTP settings on your Lexmark printer. You can configure the e-mail SMTP settings using the Settings menu in the printer or the printer’s EWS.
Method 1: Using The Settings Menu In The Printer
- Select the Settings menu from the printer’s home screen.
- Tap the E-mail option followed by E-mail Setup.
- Configure the e-mail service settings by following the on-screen instructions displayed on the screen.
Method 2: Using The Printer’s EWS Page
- From your computer browser, go to the printer’s EWS page using its IP address.
- On the EWS page, click on the Settings menu.
- Select the E-mail option and go to the E-mail Setup section.
- Type the credentials for the scan-to-email operation in the given fields.
- Finally, click on the Save button.
- Once you have configured the e-mail SMTP settings,the Lexmark MC3224 scan to email operation is ready to perform.
Scanning To E-mail
You can use either the printer's control panel or a shortcut number to perform the scan to e-mail operation. Before beginning the scanning process, load the original that you want to scan on the printer’s scanner glass or in the ADF.
Step 1: Loading originals
- If you wish to perform duplex scanning or scan multiple pages of a document, then use the ADF to load the original.
- Get the original that you want to scan.
- Make sure that the edges of the original are curved.
- Now, load the original facing up in the ADF.
- Adjust the width guides of the ADF correctly for Lexmark MC3224 scan to email operation.
For Scanner Glass
- To scan small items like photos, postcards, etc., use the scanner glass of your printer.
- Raise the document cover of your printer.
- Now, place the document on the scanner glass.
- Make sure that the document is loaded correctly and lower the scanner unit of your printer.
Step 2: Scanning to e-mail
Method 1: Using the control panel
- Initially, make sure that the original that you want to scan is loaded properly.
- Now, from your printer’s home screen, choose the E-mail option.
- If prompted, type the e-mail address to perform Lexmark MC3224 scan to email operation.
- Similarly, enter all prompted information in the given fields.
- Finally, tap Send.
- Now, your printer will start to scan the document.
- Once the scanning is completed, a copy of the scanned document will be sent to the entered e-mail address.
Method 2: Using a shortcut number
- Select the Shortcuts option from your Lexmark printer’s home screen.
- Tap on the E-mail option.
- Now, in the prompted field, type the shortcut number of the e-mail address.
- Tap Send to begin the scan process.
- To know more about how to set up the Lexmark Mc3224 Scan To Email operation, contact us.