Step 1: Preparing The Devices
Initially, you need to make sure that your Ricoh printer’s initial setup, such as unboxing, loading paper, installing the ink tanks, etc., is completed. Next, prepare your Ricoh printer and the computer to set up the scan to folder setting.
- Connecting the Ricoh printer to the network
- Basically, during the software installation of your printer, you will be prompted to connect it to the network. In case you haven’t installed the printer software, perform the installation first, and then begin the Ricoh Scan To Folder Setup. After installing the software, check to make sure that the printer is connected to the network. If you find that the printer is disconnected from the network, then reconnect it over a USB, wired, or wireless connection.
- Make sure that your computer (that you wish to use as the destination location to save the scan file) and the printer are connected to the same network.
Configure Network Settings On Printer
If you wish to connect your Ricoh printer to the network over an Ethernet cable, follow the below instructions.
- Turn on your Ricoh printer, if it is turned off.
- Now, locate and press the User Tools/Counter button to do Ricoh Scan To Folder Setup.
- Select the System Settings option from the list.
- Now, a screen titled System Settings will open.
- On the opened screen, go to the Interface Settings tab.
- Choose the Machine IPv4 Address option and enter your printer’s static IPv4 address in the given field. Similarly, enter your printer’s subnet mask detail in the given field.
- After entering the static address, go to the IPv4 Gateway Address tab.
- Now, in the given field, type your printer’s IPv4 gateway address.
- To set the IPv4 protocol active, go to the Effective Protocol section and select active. Similarly, activate the SMB and NetWare options to send files to shared folders or NetWare folders.
- Finally, go to the LAN Type section and select Ethernet for Ricoh Scan To Folder Setup.
Configuring The Scanner Features
Refer to the following instructions to configure the scanner features on your Ricoh printer.
- On your Ricoh printer control panel, press the button named “User Tools/Counter.”
- Select the Scanner Features option from the list of options.
- Now, in the opened window, go to the Initial Settings, Send Settings, Scan Settings, or General Settings tab and configure the scanner features as per your needs.
- After completing the initial preparation, create a shared folder on your computer and register its destination address on the printer’s address book.
Step 2: Creating A Shared Folder On Your Computer
NOTE: In the below section to do Ricoh Scan To Folder Setup, we have explained how to create a shared folder on your Windows computer. Disabling “Simple File Share” Initially, disable the simple file sharing function on your computer. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Open the My Computer window.
- Go to the Tools menu.
- Select the Folder Options option followed by Views.
- Now, go to the Advanced Settings section.
- Deselect the Use simple file sharing Recommended option by unchecking the checkbox beside it.
- Click on the OK button.
Creating The Shared Folder
- Create a new folder that you wish to use as a shared folder on your computer.
- Now, select and right-click on the created folder for Ricoh Scan To Folder Setup.
- Click on the Sharing and Security option from the context menu.
- On the opened screen, go to the Sharing tab and select the Share this folder option.
- Click on the Permissions button in the same tab.
- Choose all the groups or user names that are displayed on the screen and click Remove > Add.
- Now, the window titled Select Users or Groups will open.
- Select Advanced > “object type and location that you wish to use” > Find now.
- After selecting the user or group, grant access permissions to it.
- Click OK.
Step 3: Registering The Destination Folder
For Ricoh Scan To Folder Setup, Pre-registering the destination folder saves your time while performing the scan to folder operation. However, you can also enter the destination folder’s path address manually when performing the scan to folder operation.
- Open the System Settings screen of your Ricoh printer.
- Select the Administration Tools option followed by Address Book Management.
- Press the New Program option.
- Go to the Names tab and select Change.
- In the given field, type your folder name.
- Press OK.
- Now, under the Select Title section, choose the classification that you wish to use.
- Similarly, set the frequency as per your needs.
- Press OK > Exit > User Tools/Counter.
After registering the destination folder, your printer is almost ready to perform the Ricoh Scan To Folder Setup.
Step 4: Clearing The Previous Settings
Clear the previous scan settings that are configured on your printer to begin the scan to folder operation. To do so, locate and press the Clear Modes button on your printer control panel.
Performing the scan to folder operation
- On the Ricoh printer’s scanner glass or ADF, load the original that you want to scan and send its copy to the shared folder that you have created on your computer.
- Open the Scan Settings window by pressing the Scan Settings button available on the screen for Ricoh Scan To Folder Setup.
- Now, if the network delivery scanner or E-mail window is displayed, then switch to Scan to Folder by pressing the Folder button.
- Configure the scanner density, original feed type, send file type/name, destination address, etc., by following the on-screen instructions.
- After configuring the scan settings, press the Start button to initiate the scan operation.
- Now, your Ricoh printer will start to scan the placed document.
- Once the scanning is complete, the scanned copy of the document will be saved to the shared folder on your computer.
To know more about the Ricoh scan to folder setup, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.