Scan To Email Setup On Xerox Workcenter 6515
Before You Start The Setup, You Need The Following Details Of Your Email Account.
You can configure the email server settings using the printer control panel or Embedded Web Server. For detailed instructions about the scan to email setup, go through the steps below.
Method 1: Configuring The SMTP Server Using The Printer Control Panel
- Start by powering on your printer.
- Next, connect your printer to your local wireless network.
- Go to the printer control panel and touch the Device icon.
- Tap the Connectivity button and then scroll down the menu.
- Select SMTP –> Enter Manually.
- Enter your outgoing mail server name using the on-screen keypad.
- Tap Enter and then input the correct port number for your SMTP server.
- For secured connection, select SSL/TLS or STARTTLS.
- Tap the Authentication button and select the SMTP Authentication option.
- Next, enter your email address and your email account password.
- Tap Enter –> OK.
- Return to the Device menu and press the Home button.
- Tap the Restart Now button and wait until your printer restarts automatically.
The Xerox WorkCentre 6515 scan to email setup can be done from the printer’s Embedded Web Server as well. For instructions, continue reading the next method.
Method 2: Configuring The Smtp Server In The Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- To begin with, connect your printer and computer over a wireless network.
- On your computer, open the default browser and enter your printer’s IP address in the URL field. Hit the Enter key to access the Embedded Web Server.
- Log in as a system administrator and click the Apps tab.
- Click Email and then go to the SMTP section.
- Click Setup and toggle on the Email Submission button.
- Input your email address, SMTP server settings, and authentication type.
- Enter your email account password and click OK to save the settings.
Scanning To Email From The Printer Control Panel:
- Load the original document into the ADF or place it on the scanner glass.
- Tap the Email icon on the touchscreen panel.
- Manually enter your recipient’s email address in the To field.
- Otherwise, select the email recipient from the Address Book.
- Specify the scan settings and then tap Enter.
- Check if the scanned image has been attached to your email message.
- Tap Send and check if your email has been sent.
You have now seen the Xerox WorkCentre 6515 scan to email setup.